Putting these down on virtual paper will make me accountable.
As of the day this post goes live, I will be just a week and one day shy of moving back in to good ol’ room 215 with the best roommate and next door neighbors ever to begin our third year of college.
That felt so weird typing. I’m over halfway done with college…
The shopping has been done, the packing has begun, and it’s time for another battle to be won.
(The rhyming stops here, I promise. I’ll leave that to the poets.)
That aforementioned battle is the battle of the mind. And mine always seems to be fresh out of bootcamp, and ready for combat.
But something deep in my bones tells me that this is going to be one of the best years yet: starting junior year, getting back into the swing of clubs and activities, living, studying, worshiping, adventuring, and growing with my favorite people.
Without further ado, here are my goals for junior year featuring some gifs from an amazing show to help me along.
1. Spend more one-on-one time with people.
2. Learn things for the sake of learning, not to get a good grade on a test.
3. Be healthy. In eating, in exercising, but most of all, in mind.
4. Spend money on experiences rather than on things.
5. Listen to new music, and talk about it with friends.
6. Dress for success. Even if it’s the personal success of feeling good about myself that day.
7. Spend more time in the chapel. Jesus time is the most important time.
8. “Feel the fear, and do it anyway.”
9. Be genuine in everything.
10. Be comfortable with the future being unknown.
Go forth into this school year with inspiration from one of the greatest shows ever created. And if you haven’t watched “Parks & Recreation,” do yourselves a favor and make it part of your daily routine.
Keep on shining,